Connect to CVM using ssh with “nutanix” user. CVM has a pre installed python file (reset_admin_password.py) to reset Prism admin password.
Run this file ‘reset_admin_password.py’ which reset prism admin password to factory default – ‘Nutanix/4u’.
Login in prism UI with ‘admin’ user & ‘Nutanix/4u’ password and create a new password. UI will ask to login again with new password, you can verify password update task created in the UI.
Nutanix released Openstack pike drivers recently. Let’s take a step by step look on how to consume these drivers in your Openstack Pike deployment.
- Openstack Pike deployment
- Nutanix PE (Prism Element) set up
- Download Nutanix rpm/deb package from Nutanix portal.
- install the rpm ( rpm -i…..) on machines running neutron-server, nova-compute, glance and cinder-volume.
- Add your Nutanix PE details in /etc/nutanix_openstack_config.json
- Edit neutron.conf (/etc/neutron/plugin.ini) to have below config:-
- Edit /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/neutron-<x.y.z>-py2.7egg-info/entry_points.txt to have below config
- restart neutron service: service neutron-server restart
- Edit /etc/glance/glance-api.conf to have below edit
- Edit /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/glance_store-<x.y.z>-py2.7.egg-info/entry_points.txt to have below config
- http = nutanix_openstack.glance:Store
- restart glance api and registry services ex. service openstack-glance-api restart & service openstack-glance-registry restart
- Edit /etc/cidner/cinder.conf to have below config
- Edit /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cinder-<x.y.z>-py2.7.egg-info/SOURCES.txt to have below config
- restart cinder-volume service: service openstack-cinder-volume restart
- Edit /etc/nova/nova.conf to have below config
- restart nova-compute: service nova-compute restart
- run nova vnc in background
- /usr/bin/prism_vnc_proxy –bind_address=0.0.0.0 –bind_port=<random-port> –prism_hostname=<cluster-ip> –prism_username=<prism admin user> –prism_password=<prism admin user password> –docroot=/usr/share/nutanix_openstack/vnc/static &
- Note that, bind_port should be same as defined in /etc/nutanix_openstack_config.json cluster vnc port number.